Client Liaison – Communication between me and the band (LO4)

Just as a follow-on from my last post about client liaison I’ll add here the communication between the band and I. While at times I was slightly frustrated with the relatively slow communication from the band, I think I may have been worrying a little too much as the sessions went perfectly as planned on Friday and Saturday. I assured them that I needed to record four tracks for the project despite their earlier thoughts on recording just three. Overall I think the communication was enough for the project in order for me to fully prepare and plan the sessions.

a1

Here’s the first email I can find from Alex where we’re discussing the format of the project. I had the idea of recording the band way back in November so I’ve had a long time to prepare for it.

a2

The original plan was to record in January but due to issues with availability that changed

a3

Finding out about instrumentation and demos

a4

Re-arrangement of recording dates

a5

I wanted to meet before recording to get a proper account of what the band wanted from the project

a6

Recording dates and meeting up

a7

Meeting

a8

Settling on recording dates

a9

Here’s a big delay on one of their replies which wasn’t significant in the end. I also tried to book the 15th with the band as a fallback but that wasn’t available either

a10

I checked the amount of songs we were recording and Alex mentioned that we’d be able to do some of the recording on the Friday night. I also checked whether Alex was bringing his own drum gear as the university’s isn’t fantastic. The same goes for amplifiers.